Saturday 10 March 2012

We have an extra Lama host on board!

Originally these spiritual tours in India where we take you to visit the Dalai Lama were led by just myself Lisa Tully and Lama Buga.  My reasons – after quitting her job in the corporate world – in founding these tours were two fold.  The first being that after spending time in Dharamsala, India where I witnessed first hand the plight of the Tibetan refugee community based there, a desire to help them grew within me fast and strong.  Secondly, the impact this sacred place and heartfelt people had on me personally was so magical that I wanted to share the experience with as many people as possible from what I call “the spiritually starved West.”

Lama Buga has been a Tibetan monk since he was six years old. Having lived in both Delhi and Dharamsala for many years, and being a dear friend of mine, he was the natural choice to help me host these Tibetan Buddhist meditation tours.  His insider knowledge and local contacts both within and outside the local monastery ensure that the people who come on these tours get into the local ancient culture immediately.

Over time I began to study all the monks I knew to see if any of them had something extra to bring to the tour offering, and that was when I decided to approach Lama Kalden for his kind assistance.  Not only does Lama Kalden have a very good command of the English language, he also has  a sense of humour to beat the band. As a result he has proven to be an entertaining host who can communicate about the local customs and ways that has participants laughing just like the Buddha himself.  Kalden also has been a monk for many years and comes all the way up from his monastery in South India to help ensure that participants have a memorable experience in India.

So rest assurred with the two lamas leading the way you are will have a very special time on our tours!

All the best

Lisa

Dsc01179

No comments:

Post a Comment